What are the benefits of NeuroStar TMS Therapy?
NeuroStar TMS Therapy has been demonstrated to be safe and tolerable.
Over 10,000 active treatments were safely performed with NeuroStar TMS Therapy during the clinical trials.
1) No side effects such as weight gain, sexual problems, stomach problems, sleepiness, or dry mouth were seen during trials.
2) There were no negative effects on memory or ability to concentrate.
3) Non-invasive procedure for the treatment of depression.
4) No sedation or anesthesia needed during the TMS Therapy Treatment – no down time. Able to go back to work or continue on with your day after the 37.5-60 minute procedure.
5) NeuroStar TMS Therapy is the first and only non-systemic and non-invasive depression procedure to be approved by the FDA for the treatment of depression.
6) In a health-economic study, NeuroStar TMS Therapy as compared to anti-depressant medication showed favorable value to both patients and health insurance companies.
7) It has a favorable benefit/risk ratio compared to alternatives.
8) It is associated with less hospitalizations, doctor visits, drugs, etc (data on file).
9) It is one of the only evidence-based treatments for MDD patients who have not adequately benefited from prior antidepressant medication.
The most commonly reported side effect related to TMS Therapy was scalp pain or discomfort during the treatment session. This side effect was generally mild to moderate, and occurred less frequently after the first week of treatment. Less than 5% of patients treated with NeuroStar TMS Therapy discontinued treatment due to side effects.
This chart shows the success rate that we have achieved at Texas TMS Center over the past three years, using NeuroStar TMS Therapy.
65.4% of the patients treated at Texas TMS Center have shown a significant reduction of depressive symptoms with TMS Therapy.
57.7% of the patients treated at Texas TMS Center have had total remission of their depressive symptoms with TMS Therapy.